My First Eco-Dye Attempt

first-eco-dye-attempt

A First Eco-Dye Attempt

I recently went foraging for wild flowers, berries and plants to use in my first ever eco-dyeing experiment. My previous blog post shows the details of what I found and how I prepared the bundles.

I was a little disappointed with the way the colours came out, but having given it some thought I realise that perhaps my expectations were somewhat unrealistic. Just because the plant itself is really bright, doesn't mean the colour will transfer to the fabric in the steaming process. I clearly have a lot to learn.

I wrote a Steller story about my first eco-dye attempt below...