Between May and August this year, I interviewed 10 artists, makers, painters, musicians, photographers, writers and other creatives about the process of taking part in an intense creative challenge. Some of the people I interviewed, like Heidi Shedlock, had been painting for over 500 days consecutively! Others, like writer John Hutton, wrote a novel in a month!
One of the questions I asked each of them was which resources they would recommend for creatives. A number of the podcasts, books and other resources that they mentioned have now become some of my go-to resources for creative inspiration.
I've put together the whole list for you right here all in one place
- Creative Pep Talk with Andy J. Miller
- Talking With Painters with Maria Stoljar
- The Savvy Painter with Antrese Wood
- Art for Your Ear by the Jealous Curator
- The Courage Makers with Meg Kissack
- Being Boss with Kathleen Shannon & Emily Thompson
- The Mindful Kind with Rachel Kable
- Big Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Danielle Krysa's Your Inner Critic is a Big Jerk
- Elle Luna's The Crossroads of Should and Must
- Austin Kleon's Steal Like An Artist & Show Your Work
These Instagram Accounts
This Short Videos
These YouTube Channels
Please help me grow this list! What creative resources have you really gained value from?
If you're interested in reading more of the interviews on creativity that I conducted, take a look at these posts below.